Translate

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Treelander: Autumn's Release






It is sooo hard for me to keep a project under wraps and this one was especially difficult because this turned out fabulous.

This Treelander incorporated more textile techniques than the previous pieces. Knit, crochet, crewel and silk ribbon embroidery, Romanian Point  Lace Crochet, Irish Crochet, Freestyle weaving and beadwork played together beautifully.

I couldn't keep this wall hanging hiding in my house so it has, so to speak, 'gone on tour' in a travelling exhibition in Australia with Prudence Mapstone. I truly hope they enjoy it.

UPDATE: Australian customs has finally released this Treelander piece and is traveling in Prudence's exhibition. If you've been to any of her events this year and seen the 'Hearts and  Flowers' exhibition, feel free to leave your comments and feedback on this blog. I would love to hear from you. 



1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm competely in love with this amazing piece of work!

    ReplyDelete