Translate

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Fingerless Mitts for Kentuck 2011

Last fall I completely sold all my fingerless gloves at the Kentuck Art Show. Then I think I only had 5-8 pairs of them. Beings it was my first show, I didn't know what was going to sell. These flew off my table.


This year I have more colors, more luxury fibers, more ideas. So far 12 pairs made and more to come. I did find a cone of 100% camel hair from Etsy, 100% silk from the Stitches South 2011 conference plus additional novelty yarns. I can't forget the hand dyed lace weight silk I purchased from SilkandShine on Etsy. Dorith Kasper's specialty is silk and that's all she does. She sells dyed silk for spinning as well as commercial spun silk .

I'll blend the silk with alpaca, camel,angora rabbit, yak (oh did I mention yak from Bijou Basin?), and mink/cashmere from Great Northern Yarns. Not to forget the pop of lurex. I play with the colorway making them different and one of a kind. I don't like to duplicate (except for knitting the mate), I want each new owner to have a one of a kind pair. That's what makes hand knitted items so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment