Translate

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Fingerless Mitts and a Wonderful FiberArts Semester!


I can't tell you just how much this small group has blessed me! It warms me to see another generation of knitters, crocheters and all around fiber enthusiasts get together and share experiences. I wish each one of them a wonderful Christmas and hope to see them next year.


I was at the bank yesterday (and was bundled up in my handmade goodness) and the teller made a comment about my Noro stripe scarf and fingerless mitts. I told her I made these lovelies and she said she does a little crochet. I told her a little about our small group at church and she stopped and asked "what church do you go to?" I told her "Highlands" and she said "so do I!" She told me she considered signing up for the small group last fall but thought the group would be a bunch of old ladies participating in this group....Gals, we must put an end to this evil stereotype and put "cool" back into fiber arts. I would call my small group "Fiberjunkies Anonymous" but I'm not sure the church would understand, so we'll just leave that one alone. Anyway, I've found another person interested in joining us next year!!! YAY!!

It's been cold here in Alabama! I don't know about you all, but I've been wearing my work. Especially the fingerless gloves. I'll be making more for the Etsy shop, but after yesterday's cold day of rain and wind, I'm going to make myself some leg warmers! Here are some pictures of the fingerless mitts/gloves.


Pictured here is "Goth Peacock", "Summer on Oahe" and "Big City". Goth Peacock sold this week in my shop.

Oh, those of you in my group that watched the table piece I crocheted for Darlene grow these last 3 months are gonna be mad at me...I forgot to take a picture of the finished piece. Yeah, you can vent at me, I deserve it. I gave it to Darlene this week, she was in town to spruce up the old shop as it continues to be listed for sale. She was speechless when she opened the box.



2 comments:

  1. Well, we do have little old ladies too :) After looking at your Etsy site I think you must be knitting on the job, in the car and in your sleep! You sure have been prolific lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well...old but young at heart! ;)

    Those 9 inch circs make a project go quicker!

    ReplyDelete