Translate

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Socks Fever!


This posting goes out to my friend and fellow child of the Most High, Amy. I found that she has been stricken with this same fuzzy disease with me. Our small group misses you Amy! I love my socks and have more wonderful colors to fuel my sock craving. This is just four examples of what I've finished.
Thank you Darlene for teaching me this wonderful skill of sock making. I think of you every time I cast on another 48 stitches on my size 2, 9 inch circulars.
These socks are the reason why I haven't finished my "Happy Thoughts" freeform. Yes, Shannon, I will finish the piece, it sits in my livingroom inviting me to have some fun. Oh so many projects, so little time. *sigh*

2 comments:

  1. Yessssssssss!! Socks are so fun. I love those colors. Did you use self-striping or different colored yarns? I miss you too! That's awesome that you all have got it going more than once a week. Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. two of the pairs are self striping. The red pair is Mountain Colors yarn and the peach color was hand dyed by "Knit" on Etsy. The best yarn I've come across is Merino Cashmere Nylon yarn from "Squoosh" on Etsy. I highly recommend that yarn.

    ReplyDelete