Translate

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Skinnies

I know it's been awhile since I updated my blog, with all this rain we've been having along with overcast days, I couldn't accurately photograph my latest work.

I wanted to come up with something that could showcase the handspuns I've been getting and make it affordable for those who are looking for something one of a kind without draining their wallet. So the "skinnies" are born, these long lovelies could be a scarf or a belt.




The first one is a pretty Caribbean colorway with handspuns from Etsy's Dreamymeow and Handspunanddyedtoo. The other colors I purchased locally from yarn shops. The colors represent the colors of the tropical islands with the sun and sand. I just love these colors, it just takes me on a vacation without leaving the house.



The second skinny contains a handspun from Wildthyme, dyed silk from Silkandshine and a mink/cashmere yarn from Great Northern Yarns.com. This next to the skin soft beauty will make a great home for someone who adores purple.

This third cutie reminds me of Smarties candy. This contains peach banana fiber from Blondechicken. The rest is a delightful mix of ribbon and
sugary sweet colors.

When I first created this colorway, I thought
of city lights and a night on the town. Then I thought
"city of tiny lights". This one contains wool, acrylic,
and lurex.

This one is called "Carnivale" reminding me
of a 1990 trip to Venice and the costumes. It contains a handspun from bperry042. The rest is in ribbon accented with white yarn. The bulkiness of the ribbon made this piece a little wider but contains just about every color in the spectrum.







No comments:

Post a Comment