Translate

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

More scarves




This scarf is knitted with high quality sari silk from the lovely ladies in Nepal. I'm so amazed knitting this knowing that the yarn was hand spun on drop spindles by women working from the floor of their huts a continent away. I purchased this yarn from NorthcottWilson on Etsy. The first 100 stitches are casted on with Peruvian alpaca I purchased from Ebay. The silk has a heavier drape than the sock yarn so it will work well keeping the chill away.



I enjoy working with this silk and plan on getting more in the future.







This scarf is knitted with sock yarn from Cosmicfibersyarn on Etsy. The fiber content is merino/bamboo. She hand dyed this yarn in a blue colorways that she called Kazuo Taoka Nefarious series. After I knitted this scarf, I call the colorways Blue Willow (like the dishes). This color was difficult to photograph as was the red scarf from my previous post. I wore this scarf once to work and received positive feedback on the color.

This sock yarn knitted up with a nice light lacy drape. It would make a nice dress scarf to wear as an accessory or to give a little pop to a blouse.



I have a fiber arts small group each Monday at a friend's house. We have so much fun showing each other's projects. One of the gals in our group during spring break took a class on how to spin with a drop spindle. She's been having fun since one of the other ladies gave her 3 rolls of pencil roving wool. She brought in some of her finished skeins the other night! I will take pictures of her work and post it soon. I'm so excited because I asked her if she would teach me how to spin this fall and she said she would!! I'll be looking for a top whorl spindle soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment